Nurture Nature Center is proud to support boy and girl scout troops in their efforts to meet badge requirements. NNC offers a series of Boy Scout Merit Badge Workshops each year, usually holding two workshops in the fall and two in the spring. Click here for our current offerings.
Merit Badge Workshops held at NNC since 2016 include:
NNC has three qualified merit badge counselors on staff and workshops are designed to meet all badge requirements so that counselors can sign blue cards after scouts complete participation. All workshops are $15/scout. Some workshops require two sessions due to the requirements included.
NNC offers girl scout badge programs through the Girl Scouts of USA on a variety of topics including gardening, local food, astronomy/space, and water. See the current Girl Scout program book for current offerings.
For both boy scouts (also webelos) and girl scouts, NNC offers specific programs upon individual troop request. Scouts can consider NNC a one stop shop for a variety of programming needs, as we are a science-based community center that offers science, art, and community programs. Staff at NNC are happy to work with scout groups to make sure programs address requirements needed to complete journeys and badges. Contact us today and see how we can help make learning fun!
- Science on a Sphere – a large globe with earth and space visualizations
- SOS Explorer – a touch screen kiosk with earth and space content
- Interactive Watershed Exhibit – an augmented reality sandbox that shows movement of water through a landscape
- Living Local Mural – a large mural by Tom Maxfield that depicts the local environment from a rural stream to an urban downtown
- Manifest Destiny Mural – a mural by Alexis Rockman that shows climate change in the future
- Four art exhibit halls – exhibits change quarterly and feature a range of environmental and local topics
- Creative arts programming with a focus on the environment
- Urban Recycle Garden – a small garden in the back of our building with plants growing in unlikely and repurposed containers
- Flood risk education – programming and materials that educate about local flood risk
- Community dialogue programs – forums and discussions about local environmental topics
Call us at 610-253-4432 or email Liesel at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.